General

If you have an idea for a feature you would like to see or a change that you think would make Tonic Tutor better, please post it in this forum. If you see a feature that you’d like to see already listed in the forum, please vote for it and add comments. If you’re having a technical problem with the site or a game, please email us at help@tonictutor.com for assistance.

General

Categories

1. An idea we recently had was creating a feature that allowed students to create a challenge for a specific game, tracking either the amount of achievements earned or the number of total wins. Other students could take a look at the open competitions and join in. Students could compete for a trophies. The student that creates the competition could event customize and name the trophy. From our feedback we know that students really enjoy the contests and goals, so we're thinking that giving them control over their own competitions might engage them even more. Let us know if you think…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Could we change how Rock Climber works so that we can turn on specific pentascales and scales?

For example, my beginning students are required to know all white key major and minor pentascales (ABCDEFG major and minor).

Quizzing them on the majors is fine, I just set it to a maximum of 1 flat and 5 sharps.

However there is no way to also quiz them on minors, because I would have to set it to a max of 4 flats and 2 sharps.

Would love to see this improved.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It would be nice if the groupings of beats on Trains could be more rhythmic. Is there a way to slightly accentuate the first note of two eighths or four sixteenths? It would bring the rhythm to life, as the sound is rather flat.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. In Blobs, I would love an option for the game to PLAY triads in inversions, but NOT require the student to identify WHICH inversion it is.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would love to be able to separate Major & Minor scale/triad games. My students learn Majors up through 5 sharps/2 flats, and then we start the Minors. They will learn E Major long before we ever work on C# Minor, but I would love to be able to quiz them in some "early level" minor scales & keys (like A,E,B,D,G,C).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Students have to "fill in the blank" with a correct note or rest according to a time signature - lots of choices and flexibility here! I do this with paper cards at present - And then the students clap back the rhythm they have designed. 2. Additionally students could be given a short visual rhythm to see and then choose the correct aural version of it - sort of like rhythm "snap".

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I would love for there to be a global overview area so students can see each others progress.. this is very effective at this age (competing against each other)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. This would require students to click play at least once before answering any listening (aural) games. This would prevent students that just want to click through the game as quickly as possible.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Having the full list of games is overwhelming for young students, and some start at too difficult a level. It would be good to be able to choose which games are available in FreePlay mode.

Perhaps a tickbox: "Limit FreePlay to games from the completed Lesson". ie. Once a student has finished their lesson, they can continue to play the same games if they want.

I don't really want 6-year-olds spending heaps of time clicking things/messing around in games they don't understand.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would love the option of audio instructions, especially my younger students who are not all reading. I think finger puppets would benefit the most, since I tested it out on my own preschooler and then had to sit there and explain each and every game.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have noticed several times (and my students have complained) that they will often be asked the exact same question two or more times in row. I suggest that you impose a limit to asking each question/problem once per game so that students don't get frustrated.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I would like an option for my assigned games to reset at the end of the lesson week rather than every day. That way I can assign more games and they can do them gradually throughout the week rather than the same game everyday.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I love this website, but I have to be honest, assigning new lessons frustrates the hec out of me that I am about done with the website. A student has finished his lesson, so I go in to assign a new one, and it doesn't seem to give. He logs in and it goes to free play. It would be so much more convenient for the teacher if we could adjust the lessons and have a button to click on that says "ASSIGN THIS LESSON" or something like that. It is incredibly frustrating and I have spent way too much…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Can we make the student accounts accesible through the teachers? I like to use these sometimes in a lesson to reinforce a concept, and sometimes have siblings back to back. It would be something they could do on my tablet while waiting. It is a little tricky for young students to remember their login and password, and would be much easier if there was just a button to click to enter their lesson mode. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. When a student goes to play a game (I thought I had given as a lesson, OR not) it says no notes have been entered for them to play and they are unable to play anything, yet I do not see where to enter info for them to do. Nor do I see this covered in FAQ's.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I don't think that Circles is scoring correctly -- many students who said they had problems and didn't get it right ended up with an A+.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I am finding that even when I have only the "above" and "harmonic" boxes ticked for Gumballs, that students are being given "below" examples

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I am having trouble getting the Blocks game to operate. The screen opens, but does not allow me to see the "hear" button.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. For Jungle Journey Game the note should also bounce on (& sound) the start note, eg For moving the note character down the keyboard by a 4th (ie 4 notes in total, including the note it starts on and the note it finishes on).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I would like my students to be able to differentiate between skips and steps without any hints from the illustrations. For example: Let's say one stick person has three skips going up in the diagram and another stick person has an incline. If the student hears more than three tones going up, he/she is more likely to click on the incline because the skips show three levels. The student would base his/her decision on sight rather than hearing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?